The Tsunami of Lies about Nuclear Power

Stephen Pizzo @ Buzzflash - Liar, liar. Nuclear Pants on Fire.

If Sunday morning you heard a loud "clunk," it was just the sound of my jaw hitting the floor.

After watching a couple of hours of coverage of Japanese nuclear meltdowns, I hit the remote to change channels. There was Republican Senate Leader, Mitch McConnell and from his mouth came the following words:

"I don't believe that making US energy policy based on something happening in another country is how we should make policy."

Then he went on to add,

"(And) I don't think right after a major environmental catastrophe is a very good time to be making American domestic policy."

If there were ever a moment in recent history in which the utter bankruptcy of ideas, lack of morals, courage, backbone, intelligence or even the most modest serving of commonsense was on full display, I can't think of that moment. Read more.

Comments

Popular Posts