War is a Drug

Corporate Crime Reporter - A friend pointed me to an op-ed buried on page 12 of the most recent edition of the CCBC Connection, the student newspaper of the Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC).

It was written by Charles Whittington, Jr. - who is identified as a student majoring in "general studies" at the college and an Iraq war vet.

The title of the article - War is a Drug.

The unvarnished truth.

Killing to get high.

Hate.

Slaughter.

The joy of slitting someone's throat.

Every word jumps off the page.

Right there - in black and white - on page 12 of the student newspaper of the Community College of Baltimore County.

"Over in Iraq and Afghanistan killing becomes a habit, a way of life, a drug to me and to other soldiers like me who need to feel like we can survive off of it," Whittington wrote. "It is something that I do not just want, but something I really need so I can feel like myself." Read more.

Comments

Popular Posts