US Court Verdict 'Huge Blow' to Privacy, says Fomer WikiLeaks Aide, now Icelandic MP

Birgitta Jónsdóttir @ Guardian UK - Before my Twitter case, in which the US Department of Justice has demanded that the social media site hands over personal information about my account which it deems necessary to its investigation of WikiLeaks, I didn't think much about what rights I would be signing off when accepting user agreement in my computer. The text is usually lengthy, in a legal language that most people don't understand. Very few people read the user agreements, and very few understand their legal implications if someone in the real world would try to use one against them.

Many of us who use the internet – be it to write emails, work or browse its growing landscape: mining for information, connecting with others or using it to organize ourselves in various groups of the like-minded – are not aware of that our behavior online is being monitored.  Read more.

Comments

Popular Posts