Phillippe Cousteau To Bill Maher: Even Before Oil Spill, The Oceans Couldn't Take Any More

Phillipe Cousteau & Bill Marher @ The Huffington Post - BP's oil spill is humanity's latest strike against against the World's oceans, according to Phillippe Cousteau Jr., an explorer and host for Animal Planet and Planet Green.

Cousteau, who is the grandson of French explorer and ecologist Jacques-Yves Cousteau, appeared on "Real Time with Bill Maher" on Friday and explained what the country's worst in oil spill in history will mean for oceans that are already suffering from pollution and overfishing.

"I could cut my leg off, I could cut my arm off, I could gouge my eye out, I'd still probably survive, but not very well," Cousteau said. "And that's what we're doing to our oceans."

Pointing to massive annual dead zones off the U.S. coast, Cousteau explained that our oceans are past their tipping point: Read more.

Comments

Popular Posts