Skip to main content

Blow the Whistle on the Air Force Academy and Your Dog May Get Poisoned

Matthew Harwood @ Truthout - On Saturday, April 23, 2011, David Mullin, an associate professor of economics at the United States Air Force Academy, and his wife went to the Woodmen Valley Chapel to worship to avoid the Easter rush the next morning. During the service, Mullin noticed his service dog Caleb, a two-year-old black Labrador retriever, acting strangely. Mullin, who suffers from chronic pain due to limbically augmented pain syndrome, relies on Caleb for support to weather balance issues and dizzy spells brought on by his condition.

Two hours later, Caleb was suffering from massive internal bleeding. Mullin and his wife rushed Caleb to the vet, where he was given three blood transfusions to save his life. According to Caleb's patient history file from the Animal Emergency Care Centers-North, Caleb suffered from "Coagulopathy (bleeding disorder), suspect Rodenticide Toxicity or Coumadin Toxicity." The dog had ingested an anticoagulant, either rat poison or a blood-thinning drug. Mullin immediately suspected foul play.  Read more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog